Can Elite Home Care help with medications?
- A Personal Care Assistant cannot administer medicine, but they can always assist in reminding individuals to take their medications. In fact, medication reminders are one of our most requested services. We can also report any side effects and assist with pre-measured medication packages.
Are your caregivers insured and bonded?
- Yes. Every caregiver is an Elite Home Care employee. To help ensure the safety and well-being of our clients, we perform a criminal history background clearance and then cover each caregiver with general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
Who will need Healthcare?
- Those needing short-term assistance after being discharged from the hospital, skilled nursing facility or rehabilitation center.
- Chronically ill, terminally ill or permanently disabled individuals who wish to remain at home.
- Those who need respite care for family members caring for a parent relative who is ill.
When and how can I receive services?
- If paying out of pocket, your services will begin within two days following the Registered Nurse’s initial home health assessment. We will carefully review the Nurse assessment and assign the best personal care aide to meet your needs. If you are depending on Long Term Care Insurance or Medicaid, it may take anywhere from 60-90 days to begin receiving services.
Are home care services covered by insurance or Medicare?
- No, home care services for personal care or companionship are not covered by HMO or Medicare. Some aspects of skilled nursing is covered by Medicare for a short duration.
Do you accept Medicaid?
- Yes, if you are eligible for home health care coverage through Medicaid Waiver Programs such as CCSP or SOURCE, our office will bill them directly. Please click here for more information about Medicaid Waiver Programs
Do you accept direct payment?
- If you are paying cash or check, we will provide you with a “SERVICE AGREEMENT” that clearly identifies visits and hours spent by our home health care professionals. You pay only what is on your statement. We pay all taxes and insurance for our employees.
Will I have a choice of who comes to my home?
- Yes. We encourage your involvement in the decision-making process. Our screening and selection system lets you rest assured that we do our best to take the guesswork out of matching the right caregiver to you and your family. However, you must be satisfied. We always try to accommodate any requests you may have for a change in caregivers (as allowed by law).
Can I change or discontinue the services my loved one receives?
- We believe in consumer-driven care: you determine the days and hours of service, the tasks to be performed and the caregiver will deliver the care. You can change the number or type of service we provide your loved one whenever it’s necessary. We understand the care situation can quickly change, so we’re as flexible as possible with your loved one’s care. Plus, you’re never bound to a long-term contract, so you can discontinue your relationship with Elite Home Care at your discretion.
How can I verify a shift was completed?
- Elite Home Care tracks our caregivers with simple timesheets filled out by each caregiver and signed by the client receiving care. We also use online Electronic Visit Verification to verify time and attendance. This creates a record of services within the home where care is provided.
Do I need a physician’s authorization for your services?
- You don’t need pre-authorization, pre-qualification, certification or even a prescription for services for private pay home care. You choose the services you want, when to start those services, and how often those services are used. If you request assistance with billing a private insurance policy (such as long-term care insurance) for our services, we’re happy to help with the entire “benefits coordination” process. This includes providing any documentation you need for reimbursement by an insurance carrier.
What are the costs of your home care services?
Every family we serve receives a Custom Care Plan specific to their needs and budget. Several factors help determine the exact cost:
- Number of hours of care per week
- Level of home care services received (non-medical, skilled nursing, etc.)
Our home care services are typically billed on an hourly basis. This makes it easy to make a Custom Care Plan for you. To discuss the exact rates for the services you may need, contact our office. We’ll set up an in-home consultation to begin discussing a Custom Care Plan and the rates for each service on your plan.
Do I pay the caregiver directly?
- No. You (or an authorized representative) are only invoiced after the completion of services. Usually, this happens weekly. You never have to pay caregivers directly. And you’ll never be asked to pay an additional fee to any employee.
Who can I address additional questions to?
- Please call 678-922-8008 to speak with the patient case manager about any questions, concerns or issues you may have.
Will my info be disclosed to anyone?
- Hippa rules do not allow for us to share your information. All of your information remains confidential with the agency. We will not release any information unless authorized by you or your legal guardian/representative.
How are caregivers hired by Elite Home Care?
- We carefully screen and interview all caregivers. A thorough background check is performed and we verify all licensing credentials. All of our caregivers have been tested for TB, are CPR and First Aid trained and have proof of valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
How do I pay for home health services?
- Private Pay
- Long Term Care Insurance (Genworth, John Hancock, Unum Provident, Allianze, MetLife, Mutual of Omaha)
- Medicaid (waiver programs) for low income and indigent
How soon can services start after eligibility with Medicaid or Long Term Care is determined?
- Start of care will begin within two days following the Registered Nurse’s initial home health assessment.
Elite Home Care is a good choice for our family. What’s the next step?
Give us a call We’ll arrange a time to visit you, your family and/or any authorized representative to fully discuss your particular home care situation and how Elite Home Care might help.
Together, we’ll go over the care your family needs and the care we provide. We’ll answer all of your questions regarding in-home care services and costs. Then, we’ll begin putting together your Custom Care Plan and matching your loved one with the right caregiver. Usually, care can begin within a matter of a few days.